1. Carnosic acid (Lipid soluble) 20%-60%
2. Rosmarinic acid (Water soluble) 5.0%-98%
Carnosic acid (Lipid-soluble) [Spec.: 20%~60%]
Rosmarinic Acid (Water-soluble) [Spec.: 5.0%~98%]
Product name: 100% Natural Rosemary Extract
Molecular Formula: C18H16O8(rosmarnic acid)
Molecular weight: 360.31
CAS No.: 20283-92-5(rosmarnic acid)
Molecular Formula: C20H28O4 (carnosic acid)
CAS No: 3650-09-7(carnosic acid)
Carnosic acid (Fat-soluble)------ powerful inhibitors of lipid peroxidation in microsomal and liposomal systems, more effective than propyl gallate, good scavenger of peroxyl radicals generated by pulse radiolysis, appears to scavenge H2O2, and also act as a substrate for the peroxidase system.
New research suggests carnosic acid (CA), the active ingredient in the herb rosemary, is neuroprotective, without producing serious adverse effects characteristic of many agents used to treat neurodegenerative disease, show that CA activates a novel signaling pathway that protects brain cells from free radical damage, seen in stroke and other neurodegenerative conditions such as Parkinson's and Alzheimer's diseases.
Rosmarinic acid (Water-soluble)------a natural polyphenol antioxidant carboxylic acid Isolated from Rosemary (Rosmarinus officinalis), which has antioxidant, anti-inflammatory and antimicrobial activities, the antioxidant activity of rosmarinic acid is stronger than that of vitamin E, which is widely used for food preservation. In Japan the extracts rich in rosmarinic acid, is used the garnish and improve the shelf life of fresh seafood.
1. As natural antioxidant, it's antioxidant activity is higher than VE. It is widely used in cosmetics, food, fragrance, perfume, shower gel, shampoo, soap and air fresheners.
2. Rosemary extract serves as an excellent nerve and brain tonic and improves memory skills and concentration. The strong, floral aroma of rosemary oil induces relaxation and acts as a stimulant to the nervous system. It stimulates the brain and the central nervous system and fights mental fatigue, thus enhancing mental clarity. It is a good remedy for depression, boredom, fatigue and forgetfulness.
3. It provides protection to the brain cells from the effects of aging process and enhances memory.
4. Rosemary extract is well known to protect skin cells that prevent age-related changes in skin such as wrinkles and the formation of dark spots, protects the skin cells from the damage caused by aging and thus delay the occurrence of wrinkles and sagging skin.
5. It promotes the activities of some vital enzymes of our body that helps in flushing out of toxic substances from the body system.
6. Rosemary is rich in vitamin C. Upon consumption, it enables the body's immune system to become stronger and active. It prevents the growth of infectious agents, both internal and external. So one may even say that it helps prevent the infamous common cold.
7. The anti-inflammatory properties of rosemary extracts and the antioxidants can curb the growth of cancerous cells in the body and reduces the chances of leukemia and breast cancer. On regular intake of rosemary extract, it can bring about improvement in the functioning of the kidneys, reduces the risk of cardiovascular diseases.
8. Rosemary extract is a prime ingredient in several food items as well and its use has been known to preserve food for longer periods. Not only that, with its mint like flavor it enhances the taste of any food. It is internationally recognized as the third generation of green food additives.
|Latin Name||Rosmarinus Officinalis|
|Active Ingredient||Rosmarinic acid/carnosic acid|
|Color||Claybank or lt.yellow powder|
|Part Used||Branches and Leaves|
|Extract solvent||Ethanol & Water|
|Drying Method||Spray Dying|
|Particle Size||NLT100%Through 80 mesh|
|Loss on Drying||≤ 5.0%|
|Total Plate Count||≤1000cfu/g|
|Total Yeast & Mold||≤100cfu/g|